Construction works at Yeronga station over Easter and early April
From Wednesday 31 March until Thursday 8 April 2021, the UNITY Alliance will undertake significant construction works at Yeronga station.
The following activities will occur over the Easter long weekend and during early April. To ensure these works can be undertaken safely and efficiently, there will be changes to trains services from first service Friday 2 until last service Wednesday 7 April 2021.
Details of work
At Fairfield Road (Yeronga), and between 8:00pm Wednesday 31 March and 5:00am Thursday 8 April 2021, the following works will occur:
- Temporary closure of Fairfield Road southbound lanes between Kadumba and Cardross Streets
- Two-way traffic maintained with contraflow arrangement on Fairfield Road northbound lanes
- No access for Devon Street, Cowper Street, Nelson Street and Cook Street to / from Fairfield Road
- Closure of Yeronga station car parks at Fairfield Road and Lake Street.
At Yeronga station and rail corridor, and continuously over the Easter long weekend between 2:00am Friday 2 April and 2:00am Thursday 8 April 2021, the following works will occur:
- Removal of 400 metres of dual gauge rail (including rail tracks, rail ballast and earth) and services for track lowering earthworks activities.
- Track reinstatement, resurfacing and tamping activities
- Removal of the existing wooden rail corridor footbridge
- Platform 1 retaining wall works, general station works (including survey, condition and visual inspections)
- Walking inspections of the rail corridor.
Signage will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists around works areas. Please observe the directions of traffic control while passing through the area.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Temporary closure of Yeronga station commuter car parking on Fairfield Road and Lake Street
- Temporary traffic changes on Fairfield Road and reduced speeds around work areas
- Access to Cowper and Devon streets via Shottery Street (off Yeronga or Kadumba streets) only
- Access to Nelson and Cook streets via Stevens Street (off Yeronga Street) only
- Light vehicles, trucks and heavy machinery including excavators, mobile cranes, small power tools, drills, saws, rail vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
Map showing work locations and changed traffic conditions
If you would like to speak with a member of the UNITY Alliance Project Team about these planned works, please contact 1800 010 875 or email [email protected] anytime for more personalised consultation.
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: