Works between Roma Street station and Mayne Yard (Bowen Hills)
During January 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue work within the rail corridor between Roma Street and the Queensland Rail Mayne Yard stabling facility to prepare for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during January 2020:
- Continuation of demolition of redundant buildings within the rail corridor adjacent to Bowen Bridge Road
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering the rail corridor via the existing sealed road through Victoria Park
- Establishing temporary site compounds and worker facilities within the rail corridor
- Minor earthworks including the removal of unnecessary tracks and sleepers
- Surveying and investigating underground services, such as water, electricity and gas
- Continuation of works within Victoria Park to widen the existing access road.
In addition to the activities scheduled during normal work hours, the activities outlined below are scheduled to occur at night outside of the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
These activities will involve:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators and mobile cranes
- Small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night.