Site establishment Lanham Street, Bowen Hills
From late March 2020, the UNITY Alliance will establish a temporary site facility on Lanham Street. The site will be used as a staging area for future rock excavation activities to widen the eastern side of the rail corridor between O’Connell Terrace and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills.
The site will be located within the existing Brisbane City Council depot with the main entry and exit point off Lanham Street for the duration of the project.
Details of work
Activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. The site compound may also be used intermittently during planned night works.
As part of the site establishment, works will involve:
- Placing temporary fencing, and erosion and sediment controls
- Minor earthworks to construct level areas for the buildings and parking
- Establishment of a laydown facility, site sheds and storage areas
- Establishing access points
- Setting up workforce parking and loading areas.
What to expect
Due to the ongoing use of this site facility, you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Minor increases of truck and vehicle movements on Lanham Street, O’Connell Terrace and Bowen Bridge Road from Monday to Saturday 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Access to and use of storage and laydown areas for construction materials
- Operation of security lighting onsite
- Intermittent use during night works activities
- Security patrols.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience during construction and use of this compound and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: