Between January and February 2020, the UNITY Alliance sought feedback on the concept design for an upgraded Exhibition station, as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Overall, feedback from the community and stakeholders indicated support for the station upgrade and for the station design. During the consultation period more than 300 people provided feedback through online surveys, community drop-in sessions, stakeholder meetings, emails and phone calls to the project team.
Summary of feedback
A summary of feedback received during the consultation period included:
- support for heritage elements being incorporated into the design to reflect the character of the station precinct
- incorporate more shelters and landscaping elements into the design
- improved accessibility considerations as part of the design
- safe pedestrian access points (e.g. lighting, line of sight)
- adequate bicycle storage for active transport
- public facilities (e.g. toilets, drinking fountains)
- ensure adequate commuter and pedestrian safety / security
The concept design for Exhibition station will be further developed during the detailed design phase. All feedback received during the consultation period will be considered. Construction will commence on the Exhibition station upgrade from mid-August 2020 after the Ekka and be underway until late 2024.