Construction update Roma Street to Mayne Yard
From November 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue construction between Roma Street and Mayne Yard as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The activities outlined below are scheduled to occur between Saturday 7 November and Monday 9 November 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting. These activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours but are timed to take place within a planned weekend track closure, as outlined below:
Along the rail corridor from Roma Street to Mayne Yard (Bowen Hills) and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 7 November and 2:00am Monday 9 November 2020, the following works will occur:
- Earthworks and drainage installation
- Cable route installation
- Signalling works
- Installation of electrical masts
- Bridge pier protection works.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, mobile cranes, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Access to site will be via Lanham Street and Gregory Terrace
- Some increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area. We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: