Construction update Mayne Yard (between Bowen Hills station and Albion station)
During May 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue work within the rail corridor at Mayne Yard between Bowen Hills Station and Albion Station for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The activities outlined below are scheduled to occur between Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 May 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting. These activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours but are timed to fit with existing Queensland Rail works, as outlined below.
From Bowen Hills station to Albion station at Mayne Yard in Bowen Hills, and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 30 and 11:59pm Sunday 31 May 2020, the following works will be occurring;
- Removal of an existing lighting tower structure in Mayne Yard
- Removal of redundant track
- Installation of cable routes with trenching under the tracks
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, mobile cranes, small power tools, drills, saws, minorvibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Access to site via Lanham Street, Bowen Hills and Grafton Street, Windsor
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Placement of temporary fencing around construction areas.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site, including:
- Maintaining access to residents’ properties
- Keeping higher noise-generating activities to the earlier stages of night shifts wherever possible
- Ensuring plant / equipment used has been maintained (including noise control devices)
- Minimising light spill by directing light-generating plant and equipment away from residences
- Conducting toolbox talks with work crews to remind them of out of hours work protocols (no unnecessary noise).
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: