Construction update Albion station to Mayne Yard
During November 2020, the UNITY Alliance will continue work within the rail corridor between Roma Street station and the Queensland Rail Mayne Yard stabling facility for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday between November 2020 and January 2021:
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering the rail corridor via the existing access road through Mill Street and Grafton Street, Windsor and Albion Station
- Earthworks within the rail corridor using heavy equipment such as excavators, vacuum trucks and trucks
- Rock excavation near Mill Street, Windsor within the rail corridor for new cable routes, and post hole excavationfor raised troughing (cable protection) construction
- Ongoing installation of cable routes and pits within the rail corridor
- Surveying and investigating underground services, such as water, electricity and gas.
Out of hours work
The activities outlined below will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
At the rail corridor near Mill Street in Windsor and, intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 28 November to 4:00am Monday 30 November 2020, the following works will occur:
- Directional drilling under track crossing for new cable routes
- Cable route installation.
Along the rail corridor between Mill Street in Windsor and Albion Station, and intermittently between 8:30pm and 4:30am from Monday 7 to Thursday 17 December 2020, the following works will occur:
- Post installation works
- Installation of post-mounted cable route troughs (ducts) along the side of the noise wall.
Along the rail corridor near Breakfast Creek and Grafton Street in Windsor, and intermittently between 8:30pm and 4:30am over four (4) night shifts between Monday 7 and Thursday 17 December 2020, the following work will occur:
- Installing cable routes across the Breakfast Creek rail bridge.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, auger, vacuum trucks, directional drilling rigs, concrete trucks, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Access to site will be via Grafton Street, Mill Street, and Albion Station
- Some increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: