Breakfast Creek rail bridge construction
During May 2021, the UNITY Alliance will start construction of a new rail bridge over Breakfast Creek approximately 400 metres south of Albion railway station. To allow for the bridge construction, a section of Breakfast Creek near Grafton Street, Windsor will be closed to recreational vessels between Monday 10 May 2021 until late July 2022.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday, weather and
construction conditions permitting:
- Delivery trucks and workers’ vehicles entering Mayne Yard North via the existing access road through
Grafton Street, Windsor
- Surveying and investigating underground services, such as water, electricity and gas
- Minor vegetation clearing on the banks of Breakfast Creek
- Installation of a temporary piling platform and sheet piles on the southern bank of Breakfast Creek
- Pilling and concrete works for new bridge piers and abutments
- Installation of girders to form the rail bridge deck
- Placement of rail
- Installation of stormwater drainage on the northern bank of Breakfast Creek
- Bridge fit out (electrical, lighting and railings).
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Light vehicles, trucks and machinery including excavators, augers, vacuum trucks, piling rigs, concrete trucks and pumps, cranes, small power tools, drills, saws, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting
towers to light the work areas at night
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Access to site will be via Grafton Street, Windsor
- Some increased levels of noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and
- During construction a section of Breakfast Creek near Grafton Street, Windsor will be temporarily closed to vessels until July 2022
- The construction area boundaries will be marked with buoys on the water within Breakfast Creek.
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: