Dutton Park station construction update - September 2022
During August 2022, demolition and removal of the buildings at 15 and 16 Cope Street was completed. In September, earthworks, trenching and installation of drainage will continue at the end of Cope Street.
Details of Work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during September 2022, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue earthworks, trenching, installation of drainage within 15 and 16 Cope Street
- Early works for the construction of a site access gate off Annerley Road into 15 Cope Street including survey and location of underground services
- Installation of erosion and sediment controls in cleared areas
- Installation of footings and steel for overhead electrical masts within the rail corridor
- Continue construction of a permanent rail corridor maintenance access and noise barrier alterations at Fenton Street, Fairfield.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, as outlined below.
Within the rail corridor between Dutton Park station and Ensign Avenue, Fairfield, and intermittently between between 6:00pm and 6:00am throughout September 2022, the following works will occur:
- Installation of footings and steel for overhead electrical masts
- Overhead electrical line modifications and electrical bonding works
- Concrete pump and truck deliveries
- Track and station platform inspections.
Work area and rail corridor access points
What to expect
During these works you will notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Increased noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Removal of materials from site via Cope Street, Annerley
- Intermittent access into the rail corridor during September via Cope Street, Fenton Street, Noble Street, Sampson Street, Mildmay Street and Ensign Avenue.
- Trucks and machinery including concrete trucks and pumps, frontend loaders, excavators with rock breakers, vacuum trucks, mobile cranes, small power tools, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night when required.
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: