Dutton Park station construction update - October 2023
During September 2023, UNITY Alliance commenced structural steel lifts to install platform shade canopies and columns required to support the new pedestrian overpass. In October 2023 structural steel lifts will continue along with construction of platforms 1 and 2.
Details of work
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday during October 2023, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue construction of a new retaining wall near Cope Street and the Annerley Road and Cornwall Street intersection
- Continue construction of platforms 1 and 2 including the installation of services, precast units and concrete pours
- Construction of a rail corridor maintenance access and noise barrier alterations at Fenton Street, Fairfield
- Continue construction of a noise barrier between Cope and Sampson streets
- Commence construction of the new station entrance on Noble Street including earthworks and concrete works
- Construction of a retaining walls along Kent Street including shotcrete and piling works.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Between Sampson Street, Cope Street and Annerley Road, and between 6:30pm and 6:30am throughout October 2023, the following works will occur:
- Out of hours concrete pours for construction of platforms 1 and 2
- Service identification using a vacuum truck around the station precinct
- Track work and maintenance.
In the rail corridor between Ensign Avenue and Kent Street, and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 30 September and 6:00am Friday 6 October 2023, the following works will occur:
- Piling for retaining wall construction near Kent Street including concrete deliveries and pours
- Drainage and earthworks in the rail corridor near Cope Street.
Day and night shift
- Platform 1 and 2 construction and crane lifts, including pre-cast concrete panels and structural steel lifts
- Installation of overhead electrical structures, signalling equipment, cable routes and pits within the rail corridor
- Cable service route installation in proximity to Kent Street, Fenton Street and Ensign Avenue.
- Earthworks to support signalling installation and under track crossings
- Rail deliveries, track work and maintenance.
See traffic changes on the map below associated with these works.
Rail corridor access points, work areas and pedestrian detours during September 2023
What to expect
During these works you will notice some disruptions such as:
- Access into the corridor will be via Annerley Road, Cope Street, Fenton Street, Noble Street, Kent Street, Sampson Street, Mildmay Street and Ensign Avenue. Traffic management will be set up to manage an increase in vehicle movements in these
areas. Please follow the direction of traffic control and signage and allow for extra time to travel
- Increased noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Trucks and machinery including concrete trucks and pumps, frontend loaders, excavators with rock breakers, vacuum trucks, piling rig, mobile cranes, small power tools, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form:
You can use the below details to learn more about laternative transport options: