Dutton Park station construction update - April 2023
During April 2023, UNITY Alliance will be undertaking earthworks and track alterations within the rail corridor between Ensign Avenue and Kent Street. Work will be continuous day and night shifts from Friday 7 to Thursday 27 April 2023.
Dutton Park station will close from Saturday 1 April 2023 until late-2024. Visit translink.com.au for information on alternative transport options and to plan your journey.
Details of works during April
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday from March 2023, weather and construction conditions permitting:
- Continue piling for a new retaining wall near Cope Street and the Annerley Road and Cornwall Street intersection
- Continue demolition of platform 1 and 2 at the existing Dutton Park station
- Construction of a shotcrete retaining wall within the rail corridor underneath the Wilkins Street pedestrian overpass
- Construction of a rail corridor maintenance access and noise barrier alterations at Fenton Street, Fairfield
- Continue construction of a noise barrier between Cope and Sampson streets.
Out of hours work
The following activities will occur outside the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting:
Between Ensign Avenue and Kent Street, and intermittently between 6:00pm and 6:00am throughout April 2023, the following works will occur:
- Occasional equipment and materials deliveries to site
- Service identification using a vacuum truck around the station precinct.
Between Ensign Avenue and Kent Street, the track closure between 2:00am Friday 7 to 7:00pm Thursday 27 April 2023 will include:
Day and night shift
- Demolition of Dutton Park station, removal of track and redundant structures within the rail corridor
- Track demolition, rail deliveries, track construction and maintenance
- Bulk earthworks and removal of material from site
- Piling for retaining wall construction near Kent Street including concrete deliveries and pours
- Construction of a shotcrete retaining wall within the rail corridor underneath the Wilkins Street pedestrian overpass and end of Sampson Street
- New platform 1 construction and drainage works
- Installation of overhead electrical structures, signalling equipment, cable routes and pits within the rail corridor.
Rail corridor access points, traffic changes and pedestrian detours during planned track closure
What to expect
During these works you will notice some disruptions such as:
- Between Good Friday 7 and Thursday 27 April 2023, during a planned track closure, traffic changes and pedestrian detours will be in place (please refer to map above)
- Heavy vehicle layover areas may be required on sections of Noble Street and Home Street during these works. Access into the corridor will be via Annerley Road, Cope Street, Fenton Street, Noble Street, Kent Street, Sampson Street, Mildmay Street and Ensign Avenue. Traffic management will be set up to manage an increase is heavy vehicle movements in these areas. Please follow the direction of traffic control and signage and allow for extra time to travel
- Increased noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment
- Trucks and machinery including concrete trucks and pumps, frontend loaders, excavators with rock breakers, vacuum trucks, piling rig, mobile cranes, small power tools, minor vibrating equipment and mobile lighting towers to light work areas at night.
If you want to know more or are interested in viewing the timeline of the extended track possession, all of this information is available in PDF form:
You can use the below details to learn more about laternative transport options: