Dutton Park station – Geotechnical investigations
From Wednesday 29 July to Friday 31 July 2020, geotechnical investigations will be carried out near Dutton Park station to identify underground soil conditions for Cross River Rail.
The investigations are expected to take approximately 3 days and will involve:
- Establishing a work area and installing temporary fencing
- Using a drill rig to sample the ground conditions
- Reinstating the work area following investigations.
Temporary station access and traffic changes
During this work:
- The pedestrian access ramp will be temporarily closed
- Commuters accessing Dutton Park station will instead use the northern access point on Kent Street.
- Traffic controllers will be in place to assist pedestrians and cyclists past the work area
- Access will be maintained past the work areas at all times
- Equipment will be delivered, unloaded and loaded on Kent Street
- Access to Princess Alexandra Hospital, Translational Research Institue and Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence will be maintained with traffic control
- For safety reasons, traffic wanting to access Kent Street from Cornwall Street will be detoured onto Rusk Street, Annerley Road and Cornwall Street during the delivery of the drill rig.
Please plan your journey and allow additional time if travelling through the area during this time.
What to expect
During these activities, the surrounding community may notice:
- An increase in construction workers and vehicles in the area
- Delivery of plant and equipment to the work area
- A potential increase in noise and dust.
Temporary fencing will remain in place around the work areas for the duration of the activity. Some materials and equipment will be stored within the work areas.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for commuters, residents and businesses in close proximity to the site. Work is subject to relevant project approvals and suitable weather conditions.
These activities will occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday, weather and construction conditions permitting. Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: