Albert Street weekend utility investigations and traffic changes
As part of the construction of the main station entrance (Lot 1), permanent services work including a new sewer, stormwater connection, and power line and communications pit will be constructed on Mary Street near the corner of Albert Street.
This package of work is planned to be delivered in stages, with investigation works commencing in November and sewer and stormwater connections to begin in late December. Further notification will be distributed prior to the start of the works.
From 9pm Friday 25 November to 5am Monday 28 November, utility investigations will be carried out on Mary Street to confirm the location of services near the main station entrance site (Lot 1), pending approvals.
To facilitate construction, a temporary full road and footpath closure will be required on a section of Mary Street (refer map below). Detours and traffic control will be in place to assist motorists and pedestrians. Access to properties will be maintained throughout the work including outside of the Mantra on Mary.
Work will involve use of vacuum excavation trucks, generators, compressors, excavators, haulage vehicles,
lighting units and hand tools. These activities will be carried out 24-hours for the duration of the work.
What to expect
- Temporary vehicle and pedestrian detours
- Mary Street eastbound traffic will be diverted via Elizabeth Street and Edward Street
- Mary Street westbound traffic will be diverted via Albert Street and Alice Street
- Work will be carried out both during the day and at night
- Increase in noise, dust, vibration and worksite lighting
- Construction activities pending weather and site conditions.
Every effort will be made to minimise the impact of this work on businesses, residents and commuters.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: