Some temporary closures outside morning and afternoon peak periods will still be required during specific construction activities. These changes will be in place from the week commencing Monday 22 June until late October 2020.
Changes to the pedestrian and cycle path include:
- During nearby construction, reducing the width of the existing pedestrian and cycle path to 1.2m wide directly behind Brisbane Girls Grammar School. Dedicated pull over / passing bays will be provided
- Temporary single day closure from the week commencing Monday 22 June 2020 from 9am until 4pm to enable establishment of site fencing adjacent to the work area. Traffic management will be in place and pedestrians and cyclists detoured via Gregory Terrace and College Road
- Temporary short-term closures during specific construction activities. These closures will be undertaken outside of peak periods, between 9am until 4pm. More information will be provided closer to the activities and advance notification and signage will be provided. Traffic management will be in place and pedestrians and cyclists detoured via Gregory Terrace and College Road.
The following works will be undertaken as part of these activities:
- Installation of safety fencing and barriers to contain work areas
- Excavation of material within the rail corridor to prepare the work areas
- Trenching and installation of site drainage within the rail corridor
- Delivery of equipment and materials throughout the work through the existing Victoria Park access
Further information regarding works being undertaken by the Cross River Rail Tunnel and Stations contractor which may impact the pedestrian and cycle path will be provided in late 2020, when the construction methodology has been finalised.
What to expect
During these works you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Changes around your local area such as construction vehicles, traffic management signs and personnel
- Some noise, vibration and dust associated with the use of heavy machinery and equipment including excavators, tip trucks, and concrete trucks
General construction activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. Some activities may also take place within planned weekend track closures.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: