The investigations will occur intermittently on roads, footpaths and parks in the area.
Activities involved include:
- Surveying existing infrastructure
- Minor excavation using a vacuum truck to uncover underground services
- Inspecting underground services using CCTV cameras and a high pressure cleaner.
Some construction vehicles may enter the work area via the access road in Victoria Park between Gregory Terrace and the rail corridor. Please see the map below for location of the work and access road.
Due to traffic restrictions and for the safety of workers and the community, most of the work will occur between 6:30pm and 6:30am, Monday to Saturday. Additional notification will be provided to adjacent properties ahead of night work occurring.
At some locations within the rail corridor, where permitted, work will occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday.
Workers may arrive onsite approximately one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the shift’s activities.
What to expect
- Temporary changed traffic conditions. Traffic control will be in place where required to maintain the safety of road users, the community and workers
- A potential increase in noise and dust. These impacts will be reduced as much as possible
- Delivery of plant and equipment to work areas
- Utility supply to properties will not be impacted by these investigations.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site. Work is subject to relevant project approvals and suitable weather conditions.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: