Weekend rail corridor works: Northern Tunnel Portal
The Cross River Rail team will be working in the rail corridor for extended periods at the Northern Tunnel Portal construction site in January 2021.
At the Northern Tunnel Portal, and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 23 and 2:30am Monday 25 January 2021 and intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 30 January and 11:59pm Sunday 31 January 2021, the following works will occur:
- Survey and installation of monitoring points
- Piling and associated activities
- Installation of fencing
- Installation of overhead rail structures and electrical wiring
- Sewer relocation activities within Victoria Park, rail corridor and Inner City Bypass (ICB). Please refer to the separate notification #228 for more information about this activity.
Work will occur intermittently during the following periods:
- Intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 23 and 2:30am Monday 25 January 2021
- Intermittently between 2:00am Saturday 30 January and 11:59pm Sunday 31 January 2021.
These works have been timed to occur during an existing Queensland Rail track possession. Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
What to expect
During this work, you can expect:
- Increased levels of localised noise, lighting and dust from the use of machinery
- Vehicle movements on local roads and within the rail corridor. Access to the site will be via Gregory Terrace
- Workers may arrive onsite to prepare one hour prior to the planned start time
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for neighbours, including:
- Carrying out high impact activities during daylight hours where possible
- Ensuring plant and equipment has been maintained appropriately
- Utilising dust mitigation measures including water carts and sweepers where possible
- Conducting toolbox talks with work crews to reinforce out-of-hours work protocols.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: