Victoria Park construction access
From late November 2019, the UNITY Alliance will commence works to widen the existing access road in Victoria Park between Gregory Terrace and the rail corridor, to prepare for construction of the Cross River Rail project.
The existing access road in Victoria Park will be widened to enable safe access for construction vehicles to the rail corridor. This temporary access road will be used for the duration of construction and upon project completion the widening works will be removed, and the area reinstated.
The following activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday between late November 2019 and February 2020:
- Widening the existing access road in Victoria Park to accommodate a two-way vehicle movement. This includes excavation and removal of materials from site, installing road gravels, new asphalt, sections of kerb and signage
- Widening of the existing entry / exit point from Gregory Terrace into Victoria Park
- Changes to the existing pedestrian and cycle shared user path. This includes installing give way signage and building a new section of pedestrian and cycle path to provide a safe connection around the work area
- Minor vegetation removal. Any disturbed areas will be reinstated in consultation with Brisbane City Council upon project completion
- Site office and crib facilities will be established on the site from January 2020, once the existing Queensland Health building has been demolished.
From February 2020, the Gregory Terrace / Victoria Park intersection will be temporarily upgraded to a signalised intersection to improve safety for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians. This includes the removal of some parking spaces along Gregory Terrace. Residents will be notified closer to the time of works commencing.
Out of hours works
In addition to the activities scheduled during normal work hours, the activities outlined below are scheduled to occur within the approved working hours, outside of the project’s normal working hours, weather and construction conditions permitting.