Site establishment O’Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills
From Monday 6 January 2020, the UNITY Alliance will establish a temporary site facility within the RNA Brisbane Showgrounds in preparation for construction of a new Exhibition station as part of the Cross River Rail project.
The site will be located within the RNA Brisbane Showgrounds with the main entry and exit point off O’Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills for the duration of the project (see map below).
Details of work
Activities are scheduled to occur between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday to Saturday. The site compound may also be used intermittently during planned night works.
As part of the site establishment, works will involve:
- Placing temporary fencing, and erosion and sediment controls
- Minor earthworks to construct level areas for the buildings and parking
- Establishment of a laydown facility and storage areas
- Establishing access points
- Setting up workforce parking and loading areas
- Placing site sheds and connecting utilities.
What to expect
Due to the ongoing use of this site facility, you may notice some intermittent disruptions such as:
- Increased truck and vehicle movements on O’Connell Terrace and Bowen Bridge Road from Monday to Saturday 6:30am to 6:30pm
- Access to and use of storage and laydown areas for construction materials
- Operation of security lighting onsite
- Intermittent use during night works activities
- Security patrols.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site.
We appreciate your patience during construction and use of this compound and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: