Joe Baker Street and Boggo Road - Parking and pedestrian changes
From Monday 30 September 2019, changes will be made progressively to car parking and pedestrian movements along Boggo Road and Joe Baker Street to enable construction of the new Boggo Road station as part of the Cross River Rail project.
Details of works
Site establishment activities have started in preparation for construction of the new Boggo Road station as part of the
Cross River Rail project. Activities will be undertaken progressively from Monday 30 September 2019 will include:
- intermittent changes to the footpath on Joe Baker Street adjacent to the station site to allow construction access
points to be built
- intermittent interruptions to traffic flow under the direction of Traffic Control Officers
- from mid-October, removal of parking (see map below) to allow the installation of site fencing to provide a safe
environment for the public and workers.
Temporary traffic changes on Joe Baker Street – early 2020
As we progress construction of the Boggo Road station, there will be additional traffic and access changes required at the Boggo Road end of Joe Baker Street. As part of these changes, Joe Baker Street will temporarily become one-way to traffic. More details about these traffic changes will be provided early next year, prior to these works starting.
What to expect
- Work will mostly be carried out between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday. However, some work may be required at night due to traffic restrictions and to maintain the safety of the community and our workers. We will notify nearby residents of night works.
- During work, nearby businesses and residents may experience an increase in workers, noise and dust.
- While pedestrian changes and traffic delays should be minor, traffic control officers will be in place where required to maintain the safety of road users, the community and workers.
- Work is subject to relevant approvals and suitable weather conditions.
Workers may arrive onsite one hour prior to the planned start time to prepare for the day’s activities.
Every effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum for residents and businesses in close proximity to the project site. We appreciate your patience during construction and will continue to update you as work progresses.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: