Weekend work – George Street & Mary Street intersection
The Cross River Rail Tunnel & Stations contractor will carry out weekend work in the intersection of George Street and Mary Street. This work is required to remove an existing traffic island to accommodate truck movements for the Albert Street station site.
From 6:30am to 6:30pm on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 February 2020, work will be carried out on Mary Street near the intersection of George Street.
Work will involve:
- Setting up a temporary work site with fencing
- Break out and removal of the existing traffic island on Mary Street
- Backfill of the hole and construction of new road pavement
- Asphalting and linemarking.
Traffic on Mary Street near the George Street intersection will be reduced to one lane in each direction, with all turning movements through the intersection maintained. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
Traffic control officers and signage will be in place to direct motorists and pedestrians around the work site.
What to expect
As a result of these works you can expect:
- A potential increase in noise and dust. We are committed to reducing these impacts as much as possible
- Minor traffic delays due to lane and footpath closures. Traffic control officers will be in place where required to maintain the safety of road users, the community and workers.
Work is subject to suitable weather conditions.
If you have questions at any time you can call 1800 010 875 to speak to a member of the Cross River Rail Tunnel and Stations contractor team.
If you want to know more, all of this information is available in PDF form: